In a small town upstate, Gyro, Inc., has a chemical plant by the river. Luke Sheldon has been reassigned to waste disposal. His boss instructs Sheldon and his co-workers to dump 50% of the company's toxic waste into the river. The boss explains that the economic crisis threatened the plant's survival. Drastic cutbacks are necessary to save everyone's jobs. Sheldon is the sole support for his wife and three children. There is no work with comparable wages in the region. Sheldon is considering becoming a whistle-blower. Discuss the issues involved.
Research legal cases on the Whistleblower Protection Act, False Claims Act, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act using online law libraries of your choice.
Write a 350- to 700-word paper, written in the third person voice, and address the following questions:
- Q1 - Explain the components of the Whistleblower Protection Act and describe how it works.
- Q2 - What elements of law are important for Luke Sheldon to consider in advancing his case?
- Q3 - Explain the components of the False Claims Act and whether Luke Sheldon can benefit from this act.
- Q4 -What are the broader legal and ethical implications of this situation for the company under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act?
- Q5 - What consequences can occur to the company?
- Q6 - What resolution to this situation might an effective Human Resource Director suggest?
Include justification for your responses by citing a minimum of three laws and a minimum of one legal cases in your discussion.
Relate the legal case you select to the issues presented in the case scenario.
Consider any strategic steps the company should take that should be addressed in your responses.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Use a minimum of two in-text citation sources within the paper, in addition to the three laws and one legal case required above, and identify them in your APA correctly formatted References page.
Running Head: MANAGEMENT 1 Management:
Institution: MANAGEMENT 2
Q 1. The components of Whistleblower Protection Act include statutory aspects
in the protection of employees engaged in...
This question was answered on: Jan 30, 2021
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free solution (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Jan 30, 2021EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.