Hello, I am in need of help with a discussion question please. Thank you
Criminal Cases in Health Care
Criminal actions in health care, such as patient abuse or defrauding payers, are serious transgressions and accordingly can lead to serious consequences.
For this Discussion, you will examine a criminal case in a health care setting similar to where you work or intend to work (such as a nursing home, hospital, or transitional care facility) and propose ways that a health care administrator can prevent this kind of crime.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review Chapters 5 and 19 ofLegal and Ethical Essentials of Health Care Administrationfor descriptions of criminal law in health care.
- Do online research to find a legal case, journal article, or detailed news article describing a recent criminal case involving the kind of health care facility in which you are interested in working. The case you select may involve fraud and abuse (such as defrauding the Medicare or Medicaid programs, the Stark self-referral law, anti-kickback statute, or price-fixing) or other criminal act (such as patient abuse, murder, or theft).
- A good source for cases is the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit. Consider looking through one or two state websites, which can be accessed through this page,http://www.namfcu.net/states, to locate a case.
- Identify the laws that are involved in your selected case, and bring to mind the ramifications of this criminal action on the individuals and organizations involved.
- Consider possible motivations behind this criminal act. What could an administrator do to prevent this from happening or to address it effectively once it is detected?
- Review the description of compliance programs on page 117 ofLegal and Ethical Essentials. Would a compliance program be of value in preventing or detecting and then correcting this criminal issue?
By Day 4, post a response to the following:
- Briefly summarize the case you located, and provide a citation (and URL, if possible) for your source(s).
- What are the specific legal issues involved? Who is liable?
- What are the possible consequences to individuals and organizations in a case such as this?
- Discuss the role of the administrator in preventing criminal acts such as these.
- Do you think a corporate compliance program would help to address this issue? If so, explain how. If not, explain why you think it wouldn't.
This question was answered on: Jan 30, 2021
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free solution (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Jan 30, 2021EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.