1. Which of the following statements about defined contribution plans is incorrect?
a. In general, employees can choose the investment vehicle under a defined contribution plan. Thus, highly risk-averse employees can choose low-risk investments, while more risk-tolerant employees can choose high-risk investments.
b. In a defined contribution plan, the employer must make larger-than-average contributions to the pension plan when investment returns have been below expectations.
c. Defined benefit plans are used more often by large corporations than by small companies.
d. The PBGC insures a portion of pension benefits.
e. A defined contribution plan places the risk of poor pension portfolio performance on the employee.
2. Which of the following statements about pension plan portfolio performance is incorrect?
a. Alpha analysis, which relies on the Capital Asset Pricing Model, considers the risk of the portfolio when measuring performance.
b. Peer comparison examines the relative performance of portfolio managers with similar investment objectives.
c. A portfolio annual return of 12 percent from one investment advisor is not necessarily better than a return of 10 percent from another advisor.
d. In managing the retiree portfolio, fund managers often use immunization techniques such as alpha analysis to eliminate, or at least significantly reduce, the risk associated with changing interest rates.
e. Pension fund sponsors must evaluate the performance of their portfolio managers periodically as a basis for future asset allocations.
3. Ms. Lloyd, who is 25 and expects to retire at age 60, has just been hired by the Chambers Corporation. Ms. Lloyd's current salary is $30,000 per year, but her wages are expected to increase by 5 percent annually over the next 35 years. Chambers has a defined benefit pension plan in which workers receive 2 percent of their final year's wages for each year of employment. Assume a world of certainty. Further, assume that all payments occur at year-end. What is Ms. Lloyd's expected annual retirement benefit, rounded to the nearest thousands of dollars?
This question was answered on: Jan 30, 2021
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free solution (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Jan 30, 2021EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.