can u help to solve these problems that is attached
ECON 204 MICROECONOMICS - HOMEWORK 1
Date due: February 17, 2016, in class.
1. (5 points) If prices are p1 = 5 and p2 = 3, give an example of a commodity bundle which you cannot afford with income m = 300TLs. What is the cost of your example
2. (10 points) Calculate the subsidy rate ? (?sigma?) on good 1 such that the example bundle you gave in question 1 becomes just affordable (the price you pay for good 1
thus becomes (1 ? ?) p1 and the commodity bundle then lies on your budget line).
3. (10 points) The government imposes a value added tax on good 1, at the rate ? percent. Your dad tells you that he will transfer you an income exactly equal to the amount of
tax you pay to the government. Are you worse off or better off or indifferent
(compared with the situation before the tax)? Explain?a figure will surely help.
4. (35 points) The government offers Ali a food stamp for 75 TLs, with which he can buy 200 TLs food. If he buys it, Ali cannot sell the food stamp to others. Denote the price
of food by pF. Call the second good, ?expenditures on all other goods? which therefore
is priced p2 = 1.
What quantity of food does this stamp buy (as a function of pF)? Since Ali pays 75
TLs to buy this quantity, what is the effective food price for him (as a function of
pF)? Therefore, how much this stamp is subsidizing Ali per unit of food he buys?
Put food on the horizontal axis, good 2 on the vertical axis and draw a budget line
for Ali, with m = 1000. Indicate the values of the intercepts of the budget line with
each axis (the intercept could be a number or may depend on pF.)
Draw Ali?s budget line when he buys the food stamp. On your figure, indicate
clearly the new budget set of Ali (the set of bundles he can consume).
Answer the same question (draw budget line and set), assuming that Ali can sell
the entire food stamp to somebody else.
Answer the same question (draw budget line and set), assuming that Ali buys the
food stamp and gives it for free to his friend in need of food.
5. (10 points) Whatever bundle of the two goods I have, giving up 2 slices of dark bread to get 5 slices of white bread leaves me indifferent. Draw my indifference curve.
6. (10 points) I always consume 5 spoons of cereal with 4 spoons of milk. More of any of the two goods outside the 4-to-5 proportion does not change my satisfaction. Draw my
7. (10 points) The equation of an indifference curve is U = u(x1, x2) where U is fixed satisfaction (utility) level. Differentiate this utility function with respect to x1 and x2
holding the utility level constant (dU = 0) and obtain the expression of the marginal
rate of substitution between the two goods.
8. (10 points) Draw indifference curves for preferences that are rational (complete, reflexive, transitive) and convex, but not monotonic.
This question was answered on: Jan 30, 2021
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free solution (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Jan 30, 2021EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.