1. Emily's income is $120. She spends her entire income on books. Emily considers paperback and electronic books to be perfect substitutes, and she is always indifferent between one paperback book and one electronic book. Initially, the price of a paperback book is $15 and the price of an electronic book is $10. Then the price of a paperback book falls to $8. Which of the following statements is true?
A. For paperback books, the income and substitution effects have opposite signs.
B. For paperback books, both income and substitution effect are zero.
C. For paperback books, the income effect is 3 and the substitution effect is 12.
D. For paperback books, the income effect is 4 and the substitution effect is 9.
2. Consider a consumer with preferences:
u(x,y)=xy, (MUx=y, MUy=x),
facing prices Px=2 and Py=1 and having an income of M=24. Assume now that the price of good X increases to P'x=8.0. Calculate the substitution effect of the demand of good x associated with this price change. No unit, no rounding.
3. Consider a consumer with preferences
U(x,y)= 2?x + y, (Mux=1/?x, MUy=1)
These preferences have a declining MRSxy. Assume that Px=1 and Py=1 and that the consumer has an income M=100. Calculate the income effect associated with good x if the price of good x increases to P?x=2. No units no rounding.
This question was answered on: Jan 30, 2021
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free solution (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Jan 30, 2021EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.