Using the SEC 10-K for your company, answer the following questions:
- Reading the notes to the financial statements, as well as the balance sheet, post information about the Accounts Receivable for your company. What are the amounts reported as being owed to the company?
- Search for the phrase "Bad Debts" or Allowance (for uncollectible accounts). When you read the balance sheet, you may see that the receivables are listed as a net of $x,xxx (shows the Allowance for Bad Debts). Comment about the changes in Accounts Receivable and the Allowance for Bad Debts. Are each increasing or decreasing? How does this compare to changes in sales (are sales changing in the same direction as Accounts Receivable)?
- Property, Plants, and Equipment / PPE (Capital Assets; Fixed Assets): Comment about PPE and accumulated depreciation:  What are the gross and net values of PPE for each of the last 2 years. Briefly describe the changes.  What depreciation methods are used to depreciate PPE? (refer to Note 1 or Note 2 to the financial statements).  Compute the Fixed Asset Turnover Ratio for each of the last two years. (Formula: net Revenues / net PPE). Interpret the Fixed Asset Turnover Ratio and compare the changes year-to-year.  Reply to the post of a classmate comparing your company's Fixed Asset Turnover ratio to their company's ratio. Which company is doing better and what are some reasons why?
Beg Balance Adds charged to bad debt expense Write-offs charged to allowance Ending Balance
2015 256M 216M -311M 161M
2014 256M 185M -185M 256M
2013 243M 193M -182M 256M
the bad debt allowance increased from 2014 to 2015, but had decreased in 2014 versus 2013. The ending balance for 2015 is lower than the previous 2 years but that is due to the company writing off 311M in 2015. This amount is about 68-70% more than the amounts for 2014 and 2013.
the accounts rec account increased for each of the last 3 years, as did sales, gross profit and net income
3 Gross net accum dep
2015 21,036M 9,855M 11,181M
2015 18,786M 8,843M 9,943M
the values of all 3 have increased in 2015 versus 2014.
2- from page 75 of the sec-10k
Property, equipment and improvements to leased premises are depreciated using the straight-line
method over the estimated useful lives of the assets, or when applicable, the term of the lease, whichever is shorter. Estimated useful lives generally range from 10 to 40 years for buildings, building improvements and leasehold improvements and 3 to 10 years for fixtures, equipment and internally developed software.
3 - 2015= 153290M/9855M=15.55
the ratio went down for 2015 versus 2014
This question was answered on: Jan 30, 2021
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free solution (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Jan 30, 2021EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.