Why: You will be studying Ohio courts and federal courts in more detail in Litigation. The purpose of the questions below is to help you apply what you ve learned from your reading and discussion in class as well as to further introduce you to both the Ohio state and federal court systems.
To apply what we read and heard about courts to specific situations
1. Ohio court chart
2. Federal court chart
3. Ohio Bar pamphlet, Ohio s Courts https://www.ohiobar.org/ForPublic/Resources/LawFactsPamphlets/Pages/LawFactsPamphlet-5.aspx
For For each scenario, list the court that has power to hear the type of case described. Copy the reason for your answer from the Ohio Bar pamphlet on Ohio's Courts and paste it into your answer.
1. A, an Ohio resident, sues the XYZ Company, a corporation in Ohio, for injuries A suffered as a result of using a defective lawnmower manufactured by the company. A is suing for $90,000 in damages.
2. B, an Ohio resident, and C, a Florida resident, were involved in an auto accident on I-75 in Ohio. B wants to sue C for $150,000.
3. D had a mural painted on the outside of his business in Tipp City. The mural depicted a mad scientist holding a beaker. The city of Tipp City claimed the sign violated the city's ordinances and sued for a court order requiring D to remove the sign. The Court of Common Pleas did order D to remove the sign. D appealed, claiming his constitutional rights were violated. To which court will his appeal go?*
4. E and F were involved in an automobile accident in Dayton. They both live in Dayton. E was injured and wants to sue F for $6000 in damages.
5. G loaned her friend, H, $400 for H s wedding. It s been 2 years and H has not paid back the money. G wants to sue H for $400.
1) A can sue in Ohio state court, specifically, the trial court (and more specifically common pleas
This is a products liability case, alleging suit for $90,000. Thus, the municipal and...
This question was answered on: Jan 30, 2021
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free solution (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Jan 30, 2021EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.