In this project you will perform the physical design and implementation using SQL Data Definition Language (DDL) and proceed with populating the Mom and Pop Johnson Video Store database via Data Manipulation Language (DML) SQL commands.
Each of the steps below requires a SPOOL file to be submitted. Be sure your SPOOL file contains your SQL statements along with the Oracle responses and/or displayed results. Do NOT submit your SQL script files. Only submit your output SPOOL files. If you are using iSQL*Plus you must screen snapshots as necessary of your SQL and the results.
Project 2 Details:
- Create Oracle database tables using SQL Data Definition Language (DDL) for each table listed in Project 1. Make sure that entity and referential integrity are enforced by declaring a primary key for each table (these may be composite keys) and declaring all appropriate foreign keys. Your CREATE TABLE statements must show integrity constraints, as appropriate, for NOT NULL, UNIQUE, PRIMARY KEY, FOREIGN KEY, REFERENCES, and CHECK constraints. Be sure to save your script used to create these tables as yournameproject2step1.sql. You should test your script to make sure it runs without error. Submit your SPOOL file showing that all SQL in your SQL script file worked properly.
- Provide two examples of SQL DML (i.e., "INSERT") commands that fail different table integrity constraints you set up in one of your table. Explain why the statements fail. Be sure to save your script used to as yournameproject2step2.sql. You can include comments in the SQL script describing why the insert statements failed. Submit your SPOOL file showing that all SQL in your SQL script file worked properly.
- Populate each of your tables with at least five valid rows of data each and show the SQL you used. Populate other tables in your database, as necessary, to satisfy referential integrity. Be sure to save your script used to create these records as yournameproject2step3.sql. You should test your script to make sure it runs without error. Submit your SPOOL file showing that all SQL in your SQL script file worked properly.
- Write SQL to perform the following queries and updates. Be sure to save your script used to create these records as yournameproject2step4.sql. You should test your script to make sure it runs without error:
- Retrieve all of your customers' names, account numbers, and addresses (street and zip code only), sorted by account number.
- Retrieve all of the videos rented in the last 30 days and sort in chronological rental date order.
- Produce a list of your distributors and all their information sorted in order by company name.
- Update a customer name to change their maiden names to married names. You can choose which row to update. Make sure that you use the primary key column in your WHERE clause to affect only a specific row.
- Delete customers from the database. You can choose which row to delete. Make sure that you use the primary key column in your WHERE clause to affect only a specific row.
Submit your SPOOL file(s) showing that all SQL in your SQL script file worked properly. Show the actual SQL statements executed and the results the SQL produced below the code. Do NOT submit your SQL script files. Also, submit all of your .sql files.
Please see Mom and Pop Description Below
You sit down with Mom and Pop to discuss their business, and watch their operation for about a week. You discover quickly that a video and a DVD are both copies of a movie kept in a separate plastic case that is rented out. They have several copies of each movie they rent; therefore there are several videos and DVDs for each movie title. You learn that in their inventory they have several thousand videos and DVDs, which they get wholesale from about a half dozen distributors. The video and DVD prices to them are based on the quantity of their shipment and the past business they have done with each company.
The price of a DVD for a movie might be different than the price of a video for the same movie, even from the same distributor. Each distributor provides different types of movies (e.g., suspense, horror, mystery, comedy, etc.). A single distributor may provide several different types of movies in both video and DVD format. It is possible to obtain the same movie from multiple distributors, and at different wholesale prices.
Each video and DVD has a unique identification number that Mom and Pop assign in their inventory, in addition to the distributor's serial number for the item. Each movie also has a unique identification number Mom and Pop assign in addition to the title, and any movie IDs the distributors use in their electronic catalogs. Distributors provide electronic catalogs to Mom and Pop and the information from these catalogs must be included in the database.
Mom and Pop need to record when a video or DVD is rented, when a video or DVD is returned, and all customer charges such as late and damaged fees, failure to rewind fees, and taxes. They need a report of which videos are returned late because there are standard and late charges. On occasion there are discount prices for certain movies or types of movies. Customers want to rent movies based on actors or actresses, running length, type of movie, rating, year released, the director, and the academy awards won (by the movie, the actors, the actresses and/or the directors). Customers also want to know how many videos they have rented in the last month, year, and so forth. Mom and Pop need to keep only basic information on customers in their database, such as name, address, telephone numbers, etc.
There must be no limit to the number of video and/or DVD copies of a movie that Mom and Pop can have in their inventory. Video/DVD ID numbers, movie ID numbers, and distributor ID numbers for videos, DVDs, and movies are all different. Also, each movie must be able to have an unlimited number of actors, actresses, directors, and academy awards (i.e., Oscars). Other types of awards (e.g., Golden Globe, People's Choice, etc.) are not of interest for this application. The rental of equipment, sale of videos, DVDs, popcorn, etc., is not to be kept in the database.
Please let me know if you have any questions
This question was answered on: Jan 30, 2021
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free solution (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Jan 30, 2021EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.