Write an assessment in which you address the following problems/questions:
- Assess the relevant cash flows used in forming a capital budgeting decision model. For this assignment, focus upon a replacement problem.
- Develop a capital budgeting decision model showing cash flows, cost of capital, and decision metrics (i.e., npv, mirr, irr, payback, and discounted payback). Form a conclusion based upon the analysis. Begin with the example problem on page 410 of the textbook, Table 12.2. Modify the problem in the following manner and develop the analysis within an Excel spreadsheet.
- Assume the costs except depreciation are uncertain for the new machine. Develop the analysis in a spreadsheet and evaluate the sensitivity of the results for costs of 300, 400 and 700.
- Assume straight-line depreciation on both machines.
- The cost of capital is calculated based upon funding from retained earnings and from debt. The company is assumed to fund itself with 40% debt and 60% retained earnings. The cost of debt capital, rD, is 8%. The cost of capital from retained earnings, rS, is based upon the capital asset pricing model. The risk free rate in the market is 3% and the difference between the expected return on the market and the risk free rate is 5%. The beta for the company is 1.5. The tax rate is assumed to be 40%.
- Assume all other assumptions as given.
Support your assessment with at least three (3) resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included. Your assessment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic.
Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University's Academic Integrity Policy.
Length: 5-7 pages (not including title and reference pages)
Upload your assignment using the Upload Assignment button.
Data applicable to both machines:
Data for old machine
Old labor, materials and other costs
Old machine annual depreciation
Data fo new...
This question was answered on: Jan 30, 2021
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free solution (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Jan 30, 2021EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.