(30 points) Johnson Inc. had the following transactions for January:
1. Purchased marketable securities in Smith Company for $100,000 cash.
2. Purchased 1,000 shares of Parker Co. for $55,000 as a long term investment. Parker has 10,000 outstanding shares issued and outstanding).
3. Purchased 10,000 shares of Drew Co. for $176,000 as a long term investment. Drew had 40,000 shares issued and outstanding.
Johnson Inc. received the following dividends:
4. $1.50 per share from Parker Co.
5. $3.00 per share from Drew Co.
Additional transactions include:
6. Parker Co. reported a net income of $127,000, and Drew Co. reported a net income of $600,000.
7. After dividends were received, we sold the 1,000 shares of Parker Co. for $60,000 cash.
Instructions: Prepare the journal entries to record the above transactions. Remember to use the space bar to indent the credits. Number the journal entries as indicated above.
Johnson Inc. had the following transactions for January: 1. Purchased marketable securities in Smith Company for $100,000 cash.
2. Purchased 1,000 shares of Parker Co. for $55,000 as a long term...
This question was answered on: Jan 30, 2021
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free solution (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Jan 30, 2021EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.