Instructions are also in the attachment. Thank you.
Case Study #4: Why should businesses participate in Public-Private Partnerships for
A large regional utility company has been approached by a federally funded research and
development organization (FFRDC) which is recruiting companies for participation in a government
initiated public-private partnership designed to improve cybersecurity for the energy sector. The utility
distributes both natural gas and electricity across a three state area that includes both urban and rural
households and businesses. The utility company?s board of directors is not familiar with the concept of
public-private partnerships. They have hired your small consulting firm to help them make an informed
decision. Their biggest question is ?What?s in this for us?? The second looming question is what types of
resources would they be expected to contribute to the effort (e.g. money, personnel, facilities)?
Your immediate (quick response) task is to research and write a three page issues brief which
addresses public-private partnerships, the types of cybersecurity improvements which could be
addressed by such a partnership, the potential benefits to industry partners, and the potential risks
and/or costs in resources.
Please note: if you have written a similar paper or assignment for other courses, you may
consult that work but you may NOT reuse it. You must write a new white paper that specifically
addresses the requirements of this assignment.
1. Read / Review the Week 7 readings.
2. Research the concepts and structures for public-private partnerships as a means of furthering public
policy goals. Your starting resources are:
a. What are Public Private Partnerships (World Bank) http://ppp.worldbank.org/publicprivate-partnership/overview/what-are-public-private-partnerships
b. The Policy Cycle http://www.policynl.ca/policydevelopment/policycycle.html
3. Research existing or proposed public-private partnerships in cybersecurity and critical infrastructure
protection. Here are some sources to get you started:
4. Research the DHS led public-private partnership for Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity
improvements. You should also review the requirements and provisions of the NIST Cybersecurity
Framework for Critical Infrastructure Protection. Find out why DHS is encouraging the adoption of
this framework. a. http://www.dhs.gov/blog/2014/02/12/dhs-launches-c%C2%B3-voluntary-program
5. Find additional sources which provide information about public-private partnerships for
cybersecurity, i.e. Information Sharing and Analysis Centers (ISACs) or Information Sharing and
Analysis Organizations. Here are two overview /directory web pages to help you get started.
Write a two to three page summary of your research. At a minimum, your summary must
include the following:
1. An introduction or overview for public-private partnerships which provides definitions and addresses
the laws, regulations, and policies which permit this type of cooperation between federal, state, and
local governments and private companies such as your customer (the utility company). This
introduction should be suitable for an executive audience.
2. A separate section which provides an overview of public-private partnerships for cybersecurity which
addresses the types of activities which the utility company could reasonably be expected to
contribute to (cybersecurity activities for energy sector critical infrastructures). You should provide 3
or more specific examples.
3. An analysis of whether or not participation in a public-private partnership is likely to have benefits
for the utility company (with specific examples of those benefits). After you address the benefits,
address the problem of costs and/or risks which the company could expect to face (with specific
examples). (One risk to consider is how much information about company operations could be
exposed to the federal government.)
4. A recommendation with justification or rationale for which, if any, existing or proposed publicprivate partnerships the utility company should consider participating in.
Your white paper should use standard terms and definitions for cybersecurity and privacy. The following
sources are recommended: ISACA Glossary http://www.isaca.org/pages/glossary.aspx Guidelines on Security and Privacy in Public Cloud Computing
Use standard APA formatting Additional Information
1. You are expected to write grammatically correct English in every assignment that you submit for
grading. Do not turn in any work without (a) using spell check, (b) using grammar check, (c) verifying
that your punctuation is correct and (d) reviewing your work for correct word usage and correctly
structured sentences and paragraphs. These items are graded under Professionalism and constitute
20% of the assignment grade.
2. You are expected to credit your sources using in-text citations and reference list entries. Both your
citations and your reference list entries must comply with APA 6th edition Style requirements. Failure
to credit your sources will result in penalties as provided for under the university?s Academic
This question was answered on: Jan 30, 2021
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free solution (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Jan 30, 2021EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.