- 1. Suppose that currently the government provides everyone with a guaranteed income
of $12,000 per year, but this benefit level is reduced by $1 for each $1 of work income.
The government is considering changing this policy so that the benefit level is reduced
by $1 for every $2 of work income. What effect would this policy have on work
effort? Explain your answer and include a graph depicting the two scenarios.
- 2.An individual can earn $12 per hour if he or she works. Draw the budget constraints
that show the monthly consumption?leisure trade-off under the following three welfare
- The government guarantees $600 per month in income and reduces the benefit by
$1 for each $1 of labor income.
- The government guarantees $300 per month in income and reduces that benefit by
$1 for every $3 of labor income.
- The government guarantees $900 per month in income and reduces that benefit by
$1 for every $2 in labor income, until the benefit reaches $300 per month. After that
point, the government does not reduce the benefit at all.
3. The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) provides a cash subsidy for every $1 earned by
those with incomes below $33,700 per year.
- How might the EITC raise an individual?s overall work effort? How might the EITC lower an individual?s work effort?
- Why does the EITC exacerbate the marriage penalty for low-in-come workers? Suggest
an alternative method of calculating the EITC that reduces this penalty.
4. Jackie spends her money on food and all other goods. Right now, she has an income
of $600 per month. Compare two alternative welfare programs in which she could participate:
program A would provide her with a monthly check of $300 and program B
would provide her with $400 a month in credits that can be spent only on food.
Draw Jackie?s budget constraints in each of these two cases.Jackie prefers program A to program B.Jackie prefers program B to program A.
Jackie is indifferent between the two programs.
This question was answered on: Jan 30, 2021
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free solution (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Jan 30, 2021EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.