18. The foundations of national government changed dramatically after what war? _______
19. Affirmative action, in terms of public administration allows for
- a. Women and minorities to seek employment in public service.
- b. Employees of public agencies to be more representative.
- c. Employees to keep their jobs for the long term.
- d. A and B only.
- e. All of the above.
20. All of the following are reasons for enforcing ethics in public organizations except
a. Enhancing employee effectiveness.
b. Improving morale.
c. Better community relations.
d. Increased profit.
21. Among the new assumptions about government are all of the following except
a. taxpayers are less willing to approve tax increases.
b. programs are better administered at the state and local levels.
c. public managers are overpaid.
d. government cannot do anything right.
22. Which of the following changes in public personnel management was not affected by the Bush administration?s actions during Bush?s first term as president?
a. Collective bargaining
b. Performance appraisal
c. Attempted restructuring of the basic pay system
Senior Executive Service staffing
23. Modern public administration is expected to simultaneously optimize all of the following except
c. public participation and representativeness.
d. weak leadership.
24. Which of the following presidents was called upon regularly to exercise leadership in times of severe economic and military crisis?
a. Gerald Ford
b. Franklin D. Roosevelt
c. Dwight D. Eisenhower
d. Jimmy Carter
25. What leadership instrument available to the president and most governors is particularly useful as a source of budgetary influence?
a. Information resources
b. Veto power
c. Personnel selection
d. All of the above
26. Common to all strong chief executives are all of the following leadership resources except
a. An important role in budget making.
b. Party and legislative support.
c. The power to impound funds.
d. Strong staff resources.
This question was answered on: Jan 30, 2021
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free solution (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Jan 30, 2021EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.