illustrate a UML state diagram showing the dynamic state transitions of a task
(thread). It has the following transition rules:
(1) A thread, upon its creation, is ready for execution. It is placed at the tail of the
ready-thread list corresponding to its priority.
(2) At any point in time, there is only one running thread on a single-processor system.
When there is currently no thread running, for an OS conforming to the POSIX.1
standard, it will select the thread that is at the head of HNERT, removing it from
HNERT and then voluntarily transferring the execution control to it.
(3) When the running thread?s priority i is no longer the highest?say, a task with a priority
higher than i becomes ready?it is preempted and becomes the head of the level i
ready-thread list (this rule conforms to the SCHED_FIFO policy). Another thread is
selected as the new running thread.
(4) When the running thread, with priority i, has used up its time quantum enforced by its
scheduling policy, it becomes the tail of the level i ready-thread list (this rule conforms
to the SCHED_RR policy). Another thread is selected as the new running thread.
This question was answered on: Jan 30, 2021
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free solution (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Jan 30, 2021EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.